Senior Data Engineer in IoT space (Node, Go, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Cloud)
We have recently partnered up with a cutting edge IoT security company that just moved from the Bay Area looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the IT team. In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of data models, cloud infrastructure, and data warehousing solutions utilizing some of the latest technology/frameworks including microservices, serverless architecture, event-driven architecture, and multiple database systems including relational and non-relation.
They are still in startup phase, but recently partnered up with one of the United States largest Camera manufacturers, giving them a firm financial holding with multiple years of runway. Coming from the Bay Area, expect to come into an environment using the bleeding edge of technology, working with Orange Counties best and brightest engineers.
If you are interested in partnering up with an incredible group of engineers, building out a data solution, and make history in the IoT industry, apply today.
Candidates must be able to work on-site in Irvine on a W2 basis.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated deep understanding of backend services, frameworks, technologies, and systems
- Ability to develop ETL frameworks using various tools and on massive data sets
- Previous work in a SaaS environment delivering enterprise-level solutions
- Experience delivering cloud-based software
- Expert-level programming skills in an OOP language like Java, Go, Python, C++, C#, and/or Node
- Strong experience with web service integration, namely with RESTful services and other web service technologies like JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases like MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and/or Maria
- Experience with non-relational databases like Mongo, Neo4j, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and/or ArangoDB
- Ability to work on the command line
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Personality – looking for high energy and motivated individuals
- Problem solving / critical-thinking ability
- Multitasking ability
- An eye for quality and improvement
- Ability to see the big picture and set goals
- Can-do attitude and a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in computer science/engineering
- Experience in the IoT space
- Strong experience in the Big Data space – Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing parallel data warehouses
- Familiarity with scripting languages – Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Experience with front-end MVC frameworks
Benefits & Perks
- 401(k) with company matching
- 4 weeks vacation
- 2 weeks sick days
- Bonus structure
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses