A client of our located near Manhattan Beach is seeking a System Engineer! As the System engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and analyzing technical products and systems; performing engineering design evaluation; recommending alterations of application and systems development and design to improve quality of systems and/or procedures. Included is the development and maintenance of our technical documents. Systems Engineers are also part of the day to day operations, maintenance, and support, handing escalated tickets, reviewing system event log and remediating critical errors. If interested apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, closely related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of related professional information technology experience in a system Admin or equivalent role, preferably in a financial setting in a system
- Designs, develops, implements, and analyzes technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Assist in and recommends alternations to development and design plans to improve quality and efficiency of systems.
- Resolves software related problems and all technical issues involving Kinecta’s servers and systems.
- Identifies and recommends emerging technology trends and develops alternatives
- Evaluates, updates, maintains and applies patches for all servers
- Review and Deploys new systems and applications test, Stage, and production environments maintaining constancy through each environment assuring they meet Kinecta guidelines, protect/maintain production availability, and documents changes.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of operating systems and practices of WINDOWS, domains, trusts, policies, Active Directory Scheme, and File/Print services.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of supporting Windows services such as WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD replication, certificates, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge in networking principles, Windows 2008 thru 2016 servers, workstations and peripherals, interface cards, tape back-up units.
- Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, Internet, Intranet and remote access systems, and load balancers.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical, dental & vision
- Casual work environment
- 401k plan with company match