A world leader in car-sharing is looking for a Data Engineer to leverage data on their customers and automobiles, so that they can continually enhance the customer experience. The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and building scalable data infrastructure to support real-time analytics. They will collaborate closely with other teams to push production, and support frontend and backend development. The ideal candidate has experience with Hadoop distributions, data pipelines, data storage, processing frameworks, and querying.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc.
- 3 years experience with data pipelines using Kafka or Flume
- Experience with Spark or MapReduce
- Experience programming in Java, Python, or Scala
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with geospatial data
- Experience with large-scale data processing
- A go-getter attitude and readiness to learn new tools
Benefits & Perks
- Free membership to their service and discounted rates for loved ones
- Paid volunteer time off
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Educational Assistance Program