Senior Network/Security Engineer (W2 Contract to hire)
A large private tech company in the UTC area is looking for a Network Engineer to join their growing, successful team. The company specializes in providing software, internet, security, telecommunications solutions to a range of clients. The Network Engineer should have experience working on the operations team and have extensive experience overseeing at least 1-4 OSI layers. Currently the environment consists of almost 2K networking devices, most of them are Cisco devices; there is a plan to move them into Arista. Any automation or scripting experience is a huge plus in this role. Person would need experience with Cisco, Arista, Checkpoint firewalls, F5 or some combination.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Experience working with Cisco and/or Arista.
- Experience working and troubleshooting OSI layers 1-4
- Experience working with routing protocols (BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.)
- Load balancing technologies (F5 preferably)
- Cisco certifications preferred (CCNA, CCNP, CCNE)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Great interpersonal communications
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude
- Open to learning new technologies and being an advocate to push the technical boundaries.
- Will to create a strong Network infrastructure the company can grow from
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit