The Deep Metadata Platform is part of this company’s Cable’s Technology & Product organization and serves the larger company with advanced technologies for the extraction, representation, and delivery of detailed metadata associated to scenes or moments in video. Deep Metadata Platform services enable a variety of cutting edge products related to video navigation, ad analytics, social media, and personalized content delivery. These products serve millions of customers.
This company needs an engineer familiar with scalability principles and micro-services to help build the Deep Metadata Platform to operate reliably and efficiently. You will work with other engineers and researchers with backgrounds in advanced fields such as video processing, information retrieval, knowledge representation, machine learning, natural language processing, and distributed systems. As a member of the team you will define, implement, test, and deploy state of the art systems at scale.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a team doing state-of-the art, object-oriented software development including continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing, and automated deployment.
- Experience with versioning tools
- Experience with automated build tools
- Demonstrable understanding of software design patterns and the practical application of those patterns.
- Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development including hands-on experience with RESTful web services.
- Experience with MySQL and distributed databases.
- Knowledge of major open source frameworks including Spring, Docker, and Zookeeper.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
- UNIX/Linux background: facility with command-line utilities, scripting, automation and Ansible; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and micro-services
- Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON.
- Strong initiative
- Excellent communication
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit