DevOps Automation Engineer (AWS, Terraform, Docker)
A multi-billion dollar company here in Orange County is in search of a talented DevOps engineer to join their team. You will be working as an Automation Engineer within the DevOps Team and providing full application life cycle & deployment support for the R&D groups worldwide. We are looking for the best of the best – technically gifted engineers who want to challenge themselves in a fast moving yet disciplined environment.
The mission of DevOps is to be the glue between operations, development, and QA by facilitating the flow of application development, and ultimately automating the process while collaborating with the teams to ensure smooth delivery of software from concept to production.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development operations.
- 4+ years’ of experience in System Administration Windows and Linux.
- 5+ years of experience in Deployment Automation and Automation Scripting.
- 2+ years’ of experience with Configuration Management & standardization.
- 2+ years’ hands on experience in AWS, CloudFormation, Puppet & Chef or similar automation software tools.
- Experience with Visual Studio - Team Foundation Server a big plus.
- Experience with version control tools like Git a plus.
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies (VMWare & Hyper-V) also a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of System Monitoring tools: Nagios, DataDog, Splunk a plus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extremely organized & detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, & root cause analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Technically minded problem solver with strong project management skills.
- Willingness to take ownership, be held accountable and achieve a good outcome for all stakeholders through effective collaboration.
- Effective team player/leader who is able to develop a positive culture, championing a team environment and drive for results.
- Able to work with a diverse array of people, challenging in a non-confrontational way and build successful working relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
- Display sound business judgment and decision making capability.
Benefits & Perks
- Full time benefits
- Bonus structure
- Matching 401K
- Competitive PTO Package