A well-funded startup that's revolutionizing the small business insurance industry is bringing on a CTO to build out their US team. The company was recently purchased by a multi-billion dollar insurance company but will continue operating autonomously. The ideal candidate will have experience building and running distributed teams and having an impact in an innovation driven role. You'll help break them into the US market so an entrepreneurial mindset is preferred. The environment is incredibly complex and the problems will be focused more on the intellectual domain model challenge. You'll have to simplify the complicated and use abstract thinking. You'll also be interfacing with various C-level executives within the billion dollar parent company. The primary focus of the role will be building a global platform and scaling out a 100+ person tech team in the US.
Required Skills & Experience
· Prior hands on coding experience (Ruby is preferred but any language will do)
· Experience working in an environment with distributed teams
· Experience scaling out a global tech team is a plus
· Ability to interface with C-level executives and various stakeholders within Fortune 100 companies
· A strong business acumen
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience solving difficult business problems in a new market
Benefits & Perks
You’ll be joining the company at an early stage and directly see the impact your work has on the products. Extremely competitive salary, excellent benefits, equity, bonus, and flex hours.